Submissions for April Contest are open!
In celebration of April, National Poetry Month, we are kicking off our second-ever submissions contest with poetry centered on the theme, metamorphasis. What kind of transformation did you, someone else, or something else have that you can illustrate in your poetry? This may be a transformation or evolution in love, life, or anything you can come up with. Send us your very best poem about metamorphasis and enter to win up to $150 dollars (cha-ching!).
Each entry will be voted to win by our readers. That’s right, YOU are in charge of the lucky 5 who will be entered to win. Simply vote for your favorite poem by clicking the Facebook ‘Like’ icon at the bottom of the poem’s page from April 17th to April 24th. The 3 poems with the most Likes by end of day April 24th will be judged by our team of editors based on writing chops and theme interpretation. Each winner will also receive publication in the magazine. First place winner will receive a special shout out on social media in addition to their publication!
Check out the Guidelines & Rules below and get writing!
1) Send all Poetry Contest submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the type of Submission in the subject of the email (eg: “Submission – Poetry Contest April 2017”
2) Include in the submission the name of the piece and your name (eg: “My Writing Piece – My Name”)
3) Please only send 1 poem per person. Each poem will be posted below and voted on by you.
4) Poems should fit on 1 page in Times New Roman and single spaced.
5) There is no submission fee!