We are looking for simple, effective writing about ideas that mean something to you. Simultaneous submissions and unsolicited submissions are okay; please advise immediately if a story has been accepted elsewhere, as we do not accept previously published work. Keep in mind, FORTH magazine does not pay authors at this time. But we also do not charge a submission fee. Yippie! Please read the guidelines below:
1) Include the type of Submission in the subject of the email (eg: “Submission – Fiction”).
2) Please title each submission/attachment with the name of the piece and your name (eg: “My Art/Writing Piece – My Name”)
3) Include in the email: Your Name, a brief bio on yourself, and HOW YOU HEARD ABOUT FORTH. If you have a twitter please include your handle so we can shout you out if your work is published.
4) Please try to include a hi-res photo (at least 3000 DPI) or video to go along with the spirit of your submission piece(s). Note: This should NOT be an author photo – just a photo to accompany the piece(s).
5) Copy and Paste the following paragraph into your submission email. Submissions without this paragraph will NOT be considered or responded to!
The attachments herein are solely owned and copyrighted by me and display aesthetic work solely owned and/or copyrighted by me. As such, I have full legal authority to submit them to FORTH magazine for publication purposes. Should my work be chosen for publication, I shall hence grant FORTH magazine the non-exclusive rights to publish the attached work in any and all mediums throughout the world in connection only with FORTH magazine and agree to the Terms and Conditions set FORTH on http://www.forthmagazine.com/contact-us/submissions.
(Your Full Name) e-signature
POETRY & PROSE
NOTE: Please pare down your submission to include only the essentials. Generally, shorter pieces are better suited to our publication.
FORTH seeks contemporary, non-rhyming poetry. You may submit up to 2 poems per month. POETRY SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED UNTIL SEPTEMBER. PLEASE SUBMIT AFTER 9/1/17.
FORTH Magazine seeks new works of flash fiction up to 1,200 words. You may submit up to 1 fiction piece per month.
We are looking for personal essays and excerpts from memoirs only. Pieces must be no more than 1,200 words. You may submit up to 3 non-fiction pieces per month.
1) Pieces submitted must be no more than 100kbs in size each. Should your work be chosen, we will email you for higher-quality sizes.
2) Pieces should be submitted as email attachments in one of the following: jpeg, gif, png, tiff, or pdf. Also include a website, online portfolio, or social media links if you have them.
3) You may submit up to 10 attachments per month.
FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS
Send submissions to:
Fiction submissions: email@example.com
Art submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poetry submission: email@example.com
We respond within 4 weeks of submission. If for some reason we haven’t responded within that time, please feel free to bug us.